It is expected that anyone who feels ill or has symptoms stays home and does not enter our facility.
- First Contact: Security Training and Personal Safety collects information necessary to register clients for training programs, such as names and contact information. All files are stored for 2 years, as per the Solicitor General requirements, and after that, they are destroyed.
All students will be required to wear a mask at all times for all classroom and physical training while in the building to comply with municipal and provincial by-laws.
All equipment and tables will be sanitized after each class, and students will have the ability to sanitize any equipment they would like to themselves.
Daily screening including proof of vaccination.
Attendance will be taken at each class so that if any concern does arise, the students will be notified and future class will be paused until the concern passes. Please notify us immediately if you have attended a class and have contracted COVID-19 or have come in contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19.
For classroom training, we have limited the number of student capacity.
For physical training, mandatory partner work will be limited to where it is required for certification. Optional partner work is for those who feel comfortable. If it is required to complete your certification, latex/rubber gloves are also an option while working with a partner.
In order for us to continue to operate our physical training classes without capacity or operating restrictions, we must implement the Restriction Exemption Program. This applies to all of our Defensive Tactics training. Note that private classes do not follow this program. The Restriction Exemption Program involves the following:
Masks are required to be worn by everyone indoors, and inside our facility. Students must show one of the following three options (we will be noting down which of the three and the date, no copies will be recorded or kept on file) Personal Identification that matched any and all vaccine records is needed for anyone over the age of 18 years.
1. Show proof of vaccination. Valid prof of vaccination is one of the following,
- Valid Government of Alberta vaccination record with a QR code
- A picture or paper record of valid First Nations immunization record displaying full name, type of vaccine, and date of administration
- Canadian Armed Forces immunization record displaying full name, type of vaccine, and date of administration with a QR code
2. Show a Medical Exemption Record from your healthcare professional, which must have the following,
- Original signed letter from physician or nurse practitioner that includes, full name that matches identification, physicians’ complete information, name, phone number, professional registration number and signature.
- Statement that there is a medical reason for the individual’s exception from being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and the period of time of which their exemption is valid.
3. Proof of a privately-paid Health Canada approved negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service, the following can not be excepted,
- Tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed. Note that you can walk into Shoppers Drug Mart and get a test done within 20 minutes if you are asymptomatic, but it does cost $40.
- A self-test completed off site and or self-produced documentation of a negative test is not sufficient evidence to support entry into our facility